We have updated some rules as follows:
1. All competitors will be required to wear a head guard
2. Under 14 sparring categories, light head contact is now allowed (except for the -125cm category)
3. Sparring equipment, 10oz closed palm gloves will also be allowed (Velcro, not lace up) at our competitions, existing equipment is still perfectly acceptable, this is just an addition to the existing to follow the current ITF rules.
4. Compulsory Technique, this will apply to the 14-17 & Adult categories, blue belt competitors and above:
The competitor must execute a middair kick (180 degrees or more), in each round of the competition (Jump back kick, 360 back kick or 360 turning kick are the most commonly used), if he / she fails to complete the compulsory technique, 2 points will be deducted. The compulsory technique must be performed in a genuine attempt to score while in contact with the opponent (it is not a requirement to score, but the attempt must be a genuine attempt to score, i.e. in range of the opponent etc)
5. New weight divisions (Black Belt Categories ONLY):
45 kg, - 51 kg, - 57 kg, - 63 kg, - 69 kg, - 75 kg, + 75 kg
40 kg, - 46 kg,- 52 kg,- 58 kg, - 64 kg,- 70 kg, +70 kg
52 kg, - 58 kg, - 64 kg, - 71 kg, - 78 kg, - 85 kg, - 92 kg. + 92 kg.
47 kg, - 52 kg, - 57 kg, - 62 kg, - 67 kg, - 72 kg, - 77 kg., + 77 kg.
As usual we reserve the right to modify or merge categories as we see necessary